Saturday, October 20, 2007

Braies

Okay, I lied. Something started running through my head as I was sewing. Whether they are period for my persona or not, period underwear of some type will have to be worn. Therein lies one area where I won't compromise, therefore, I did some research to find at least period underwear, even if I have yet to determine if it's period underwear for a German persona. I've chosen to attempt the braies on Recreating 14th Century Braies. I'm going to use the following pattern, considering my husband's clothing will be fairly tight and I prefer something closer to the skin as opposed to really loose.



So far I have not been able to find a representation of these type of unterhosen for my persona time frame, so they are going to be listed as braies and not unterhosen until I can verify whether they would have been worn.

No comments: